Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh, those summer nights


I think I did it last night, I really created a tropical feel up here in the north, sort of.

I went to work ridiculously early so that I could go home early and enjoy the rest of the sunny summer's day.

I did a wee bit of sunbathing in the midst of hundreds of lovely smelling roses previously planted by the mother unit- and naturally read Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book- you need something morbid when the weather's this nice you know! I actually managed to create a lovely sandal mark on the skin of my foot, so I'd better just wear those same old smelly old sandals for the remainder of the summer- this would never have happened had I been traditional and worn socks and sandals!

Did I stop at this? Hell no! I threw some shrimps on the barbie, well actually, I don't eat shrimp and the A4 box of an instant grill can hardly be called a barbeque and I bet those coals were "fixed" as well, because the darn thing could barely barbeque one sausage let alone those lovely lambchops seasoned with birch, juniper and blueberries. So, I pretty much let them hang out on the barbie for a smoky flavour, because although the instant grill couldn't barbeque worth sh*t, it sure smoked up the neighbourhood! Then I completely cheated and put the almost uncooked lambchops under the grill in my oven, where the baked potatoes were, well, baking- don't tell anyone!

The best bit of the evening was however, the cocktails!
Those strawberry daiquiris and mojitos were just fab, with fresh mint from the garden! In the Republic of Bjork every day will be Mojito day and those mortars you're supposed to use to mix the lime, mint and demerara sugar just take forever so in my land, mortars use electricity, work super fast and are called blenders! Just remember to always use more rum than the recipe says and make at least triple the amount as the sun makes one thirsty.

Cheers!

Comments:
God I miss summer
Stuart
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?