Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ah, those Germans!

If there's anything that will send me into the dreamland with a smile on my face it's a little 80s stroke of genius from my friends Thomas and Dieter. Naturally the special effects in the video are simply phenomenal!

This video actually brings back childhood memories about me getting money from my folks, taking the bus downtown and buying classic German culture magazines like Popcorn, Bravo and PopRocky (first and foremost for the stickers and posters- you wouldn't believe the immense cultural effect of stickers- very underrated indeed). I also think my marvellous German comes from "reading" such material from a very young age.

Anyway, back to the video:
Love the hair, love the clothes, love the drama, love everything!

Enjoy it all here.

Works every time!

Comments:
Haha, fantastic! I love how Dieter opens his mouth in the first part of the refrain but there's no sound coming out of it. What's with the clips from 'Once Upon a Time in America', though?! Is there a connection, or is that just... well, the 80s as well?
 
I think he's so talented that songs burst from his head in a different way than from the rest of us. Or maybe he's yawning?

I wish I was in an 80s band- they had all the fun!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?