Thursday, October 09, 2008

Red Dawn

"In times of crisis you will find out who your real friends are"
This is a very popular phrase among various Icelandic politicians these days. The scary big brother in the east is once more about to help us out:

The Russians were the first to recognize the independence of Iceland, they traded with us when the British were being mean to us during the Cod Wars and last but not least my first car was an 1982 Lada Niva Jeep straight out of Siberia, god I miss that car!

And here's a few phrases that could come in handy on my rock in the next days:

Мой банковский счет хорош но отскочен банкы = The cheque's good but the bank bounced.

Злейший troll разрушили мой банк, можете вы пожалуйста вызвать полиций? = An evil troll destroyed my bank, can you please call the police?

Какому большому автомату Калашниковаа вы получаете бабушку!= My! That's a big Kalashnikov you've got there grandma!

You see even in times of recession, depression and War of the Austrian Succesion (OK, I just added the last one because it rhymed with the others) one can always find the time to brush up on one's Russian.

Comments:
War of the Austrian Succession..? *scratches her head*
 
Yeah, I dunno why it entered my mind but there it was. See, I do remember stuff from my undergrad years in political history!
 
Speaking of Austrian politics, have you heard that our very own Joerg Haider has died in a car crash?! That's wild - same way that Falco ended!
 
How crazy is this: I just read about it in the papers and I too thought to myself- just like Falco. This is extremely weird as I can't find any similarities between the two except for both being Austrian and obviously both being really bad drivers. Great minds again ay?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?