Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Musical Psychopath

This morning on the way to the office I was singing along with a Celine Dion song playing on the radio- pretty loudly actually. However, I did not realize this until I found myself waiting for the green light and accidentally looked to my right and saw the man in the next car giving me a strange look. Then it struck me that the car I was driving is not soundproof, especially when the window on the driver's side is partially open. I suddenly stopped singing in the middle of "Look back before you leeeeeeeaaaaaaave my liiiiiiiiiiife", switched the channels, turned down the volume on the radio -and myself and hummed quietly to RATM "F**k you I won't do what you tell me".
It sure is embarrasing when someone catches you singing Celine Dion songs early in the morning, but what can one do, I mean: I love the songs of Celine in the morning, erm that is I love the smell of napalm in the morning...or something.
Oh, to hell with it- I'm outing myself as of today as a musical psychopath: Hi, my name is Björk and I love Celine and Rage Against the Machine equally!
While I'm on the subject I would like to recommend two favourites of the musical psychopath- these days I'm listening to Jan Johansson's: Folkvisor- a fab, albeit not a super original jazz take on Swedish and Russian folksongs and then it's the alltime Bowie classic: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust... I especially like Lady Stardust (Original Demo). If you have confidence in my musical taste, also check out Echo and the Bunnymen's golden oldie: Killing Moon-
In other news: check out my debut on kistan.is and also, has Barði found the prescription for Iceland's appaling outcome in Euro-trash-vision? This boy wonder put together a super discusting Euro-techno tune that should fit the profile of southernmore-than-Scandinavia-European taste. Seriously, this one's got it all: beef-cake guys who left their tops at home, a cute girl singing and big drums that have gone down well in post cold war Eurovision.
Enjoy!

Comments:
I was really refreshed and delighted to learn that there are other musical psychopaths like myself out there! My musical taste is just as schizo as yours (David Bowie - LOVE Lady Stardust, btw-, Roxette, Muse...), but the last time I had the courage to 'out' myself, it went terribly wrong (but then, I was still in school at the time, and admitting that you like something so utterly uncool as 'Modern Talking' maybe wasn't such a good idea - kids are cruel, as we all know).

I think that, now that we know that there are at least 2 of us, we should found a support group, as does everyone else who's been struck by nature with some little weirdness or other. We could call it MUTHAS, Musical Taste Havoc Syndrome... Could go well with the alcoholic author thing!

xxx
 
Eureka!
What a wonderful idea, and our themesong could perhaps be Brother Louie and go on pilgrimages to the quaint hometowns of Dieter and Thomas (assuming that they come from quaint german towns).
Hell, we might even invite them to do a concert on our writer's island. It could be called "The Toilet Tour"...
 
I think Brother Louie's just perfect - it doesn't get much cheesier than that! We're geniuses, we really are!

Peace to you!
 
Yup, that we are :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?