Thursday, May 03, 2007

Et tu?

Another year in my life has come and gone.
It’s pretty amazing how the years pass by and the 365 days seem to fly away faster and faster, or maybe it’s the local wind here in Reykjavík that makes all the difference.
Now I am at the same age as that little gay fellow from the Oliver Stone film was when he passed away after conquering the known world. Gosh, I’ve got to pick up the pace if I am to do such things before next year hits me. I thought similar things when I turned 27; Janis, Jimi, Kurt and the fat guy from the other Oliver Stone movie had all written their “swan-songs” when they croaked at the measly age of two and seven.
However, this is the big one…this year must be a year of greatness if I am ever to reach these heights.
Then again, I could be flying a wee bit too high to compare myself to these peeps (I’ve got the Icarus complex if there ever was such a thing). So, I think I’ll just compare myself to me and try to enjoy this age even more than I enjoyed previous years.
The first thing was to get suckered into running for congress- for the Green party mind you- I’ve always been keen on green matters such as Kermit and the Hulk (see previous post).
Hell, there’s a lot of jerks out there and some or even many of them have been elected-as can be seen in the lethal wounds of the Icelandic wilderness.
Again I say "go green" and think happy thoughts about the future…who knows, my nation might at some point stop voting for greedy and corrupt wankers who give our banks to their similarly corrupt friends and then attack our mountains and rivers with heavy machinery to make aluminium for international companies who in return make tanks and such in order to "free" the Middle East.
But then again- we might be on the brink of another 4 years of the current government’s ongoing misuse of power… fingers x-ed that the peeps on this rock will vote green!
Peace

Comments:
The peeps on this Rock are stupid and forgetful, so green never stands a chance.
:(
 
Yebbs n diddely Flanders :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?