Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The queerness of relative X

Who would have believed that these five pretty boys could cause a riot? I can only say that it utterly caught me by surprise. So here's the story: Last night I was preparing for yet another exciting night in the life of the soon to be middle aged spinster. I was thinking about looking up cute cats online eligible for eating me (dead) sometime in the future when I pass away unannounced and nobody checks on me for weeks... (Darn ranting again).

Anyway, I decided that a night in front of the evil box that produces pictures would be a nice change... I mean it had been a whole day since I had done something like that. I reached for the spinster’s Bible, the TV guide and immediately saw that before a double dose of a 24 rerun there was an episode of the fab five AKA queer eye for the straight guy. Oooooh, loverly I thought to myself as I rubbed my hands together in excitement. I then spoke to the relative who’s the proprietor of the evil box (let’s call this individual Relative X to protect the innocent) and suggested that we tune in on the boys.

However, relative X decided to use this opportunity to attack “the gays” and exclaim that it was certainly not ok to watch such things. According to relative X the fab five are poster-boys for gayness and bad, bad people. Under normal circumstances I would just laugh at this attitude and blame it on the generation gap between myself and relative X. Last night however, I had a bad headache and was thusly a wee bit under the weather. When relative X explained that the Gay Pride Parade was a tool to lure young minds into gayness, I sort of exploded a wee bit and the result was that I didn’t watch TV at all and left the room.

This is not the end of the story, you see my reaction to relative X’s prejudices caused further domestic disturbances… Relative X decided to confront me about my constant tendencies to defend “the gays” and ask since I had a bunch of gay friends whether some of their gayness had rubbed on to me…

This makes me think about my idol Homer Simpson who asked his son this question: He didn’t give you gay did he?

Yes it sure is a strange place we live in, I think I may tell relative X some of the stuff I’ve learned from the Simpsons such as “there’s a country called U r gay!”

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?