Monday, September 25, 2006

A different world?

This morning on my way to the office I all of a sudden got the funny feeling that I was in a different world, or at least in a different country. I took bus S4 and as soon as I entered I felt that something was strange about it. When I wanted to get off the bus, I pressed the normal "Stanzar" button, but it looked weird and then the sign lit up and said "Arrete Demande" or something like that.
Hmmm, was it possible that bus S4 is some sort of equipment that beams one straight to France? Do the fellowes at Icelandair know about this? But the sign on the road said Lækjargata, so I knew that this notion wasn't possible. I suppose the other answer to this puzzling mistery is that the Reykjavík bus company bought a cheap Renault bus and didn't bother to change it.
I must say this experience really caught me off guard and messed up all my normal bus paranoias. You see, I normally choose a seat on the opposite side of the bus driver to keep the balance and in that way hinder the bus from tipping over. I also get annoyed if I see a bunch of people sitting on one side of the bus while the other side remains empty. Why do these people test their fate like this? I would hate to have to say "told you so sucka, you didn't keep the balance and the bus tipped over".
The strangeness of the French bus got my so mistified that I even sat on the bus driver's side of the bus! I sure hope the bus company will soon stop using that darned French bus and go back to my usual Volvo bus.
There needs to be a certain balance in the force Luke!

Comments:
Charlie, two words: therapy
 
You wouldn't last long in Bolivia, chuckle, chuckle!
 
Oh, I know... I can't help it. Madness and paranoia are taking over.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?