Monday, September 04, 2006

The aftermath

So the wedding is over. I had a fab time and didn’t get a chance to give a speech on how marvellous the groom is. In any case, the funniest experiences I’ve had with him don’t seem appropriate in a crowd of aunts and uncles. The speech would have sounded something like: “I remember this one time when he was soooo drunk, oops…”. I also didn’t catch the bouquet since the bride informed me that I was the only single woman present when the thing would have been tossed, which I think is a bit unfair because then I would have caught it for sure.

Yes, there is only me left being single in this group of friends and again I am surprised that my friends don’t name their toddlers after me, mini-Björk or mini-Bjarki would inherit a fortune (that is after I make my fortune from my amazing best-seller sometime in the near future). They would also have all my attention and I would shower them with presents and sugar bombs and then return them spoiled rotten to their natural parents. Hmm, maybe they are right to name their kids after somebody else.

I have also been having strange dreams lately. The most vivid dream was that I had bought a lovely flat next to my childhood home. I was decorating it Björk-style and had put up my dream Tintin wallpaper. The only non-realistic aspect of the dream was that I was married to Johnny Cash. The weirdest thing however, was that I found out when I woke up that the flat is actually for sale. So now, I just need to find the Cash and make the owner an offer he can’t refuse (please hum Godfather tune). Maybe you think that my dream house looks like this...
And maybe you are right...but then again maybe you are not...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?