Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ice and snow, midnight sun and hot springs that blow

Yes, finally it has happened...Scotland has lost its greatest Icelandic environmental Mphilly. Erm...let me rephrase, Scotland has lost its ONLY Icelandic environmental Mphilly. This means that Iceland has reclaimed its greatest environmental Mphilly... Aaw shite, I'll rephrase again.. Iceland has regained its ONLY environmental Mphilly. Being so unique has its upsides and downsides. It means that at I am Iceland's greatest AND worst environmental Mphilly. Oh well, enough about that.
I am home again at the exclusive Hotel Mum and the land forged with fire and ice has welcomed me with every erm.. splendour of its weather. In the last two days I've gotten extreme wind (read..storm), lovely calm, sun, rain, snow, frost and scorching heatwaves (read according to Icelandic standards). It is in fact quite impossible to explain why I prefer this to the spring in Scotland that has finally arrived after an absolutely dreadful winter with beautiful plants and warm sunlight...
The answer is simple: I am a masochist and proud of it!
Ísland- bezt í heimi!

Comments:
Ah home sweet home. Its kinda dreary here to especially since I have had the stomach flu. Yuck! Keep me posted on the diss!
 
Velkomin heim bezta Björk í heimi!
 
Danke danke.
 
Back in Iceland, eh? Well, I'm sure they're all glad to have you back. And I mean that literally. ;)

If you decide you would like a break fr. the splendors of Icelandic spring (or fall or winter...), feel free to fly a bit south and join me in my subtropical paradise -- it's going to be sunny and 30 degrees C later this wk. mmmm...melanoma I love you.
 
Gosh, it's over 20 degrees everywhere but here... But the cool, crisp, fresh...aluminium smelter smog added Icelandic air can't be beaten.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?