Sunday, April 02, 2006

Chick flicks and kitchen bombs

I have had a very lazy weekend. That means lying in bed for ages and then sneaking out of the house and hanging out in cafés and other people's houses. The nice flatmate decided to travel to a far away country called Cardiff so I am stuck with nasty flatmate and extensions of nasty flatmate, i.e. similarly nasty female friend of nasty flatmate...sigh. I try to avoid the Nasties but they seem to pop up everywhere despite my efforts.
One of my efforts was going to the cinema to forget about the nastiness of my home. I saw a very cute chick flick starring a certain Mr. McConaughey. This man is plainly put candy for the eyes and that Texas accent is ab fab. I was in a very good mood when the film was over, in such a good mood indeed that I decided to cook at home! This hasn't happened in a very long time because I am, as has been pointed out, avoiding the Nasties. So, I enter Tesco's and buy everything necessary for an English sunday roast. I even purchase Yorkshire pudding and think to myself: The Nasties can just %$#!/& off...erm... the last bit of that thought has been "censored".
I open the front door and hear a hyena-like laughter. "Ooh, the Nasties are home" I think to myself, "I won't let that bother me". I enter the kitchen and look around... "Ooh, a kitchen bomb has been detonated in this very room" I think to myself. "The residents have not been harmed by this incident by the sound of it, unless the hyena-like laughter is actually outcries of utter pain?" I pick up some dirty dishes and move them about the kitchen, trying to find some place to put them down, but as I am unsuccessful in my manouvers, I turn around, grab my Tesco's bag and head out the door. Kitchen bombs can be very dangerous and I'm not taking any chances; hell, the Yorkshire pudding might get infected with salmonella or e-coli. Fortunately I have friends who are nce enough to let me cook in their kitchens that haven't been attacked by household terrorists!
Yippee for good friends!

Comments:
You're always welcome to cook in my kitchen!:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?