Friday, April 07, 2006

Another pilgrimage

I embarked on yet another pilgimage recently. This was not part deux of the Royal Memorabilia Saga, it was even better; it was an Inspector Morse Tour. I hitched a ride down to the promised land of murder and mayhem--I mean Oxford, and there I went to very important pubs.. I mean historic sites. I started off at the Trout Inn, a very erm historic place. Anyway it's the place where Morse would have a pint or two or three of ale. I felt compelled to follow in the footsteps of the master and down a pint of ale while watching narcissistic peacocks strut around in a lovely courtyard. I also visited another place... ok another pub then, called the Victoria Arms. This pub is yet another hangout of the Inspector, I am starting to think this idol of mine may have been a wee bit too fond of the drink...nah, he's just English!
I must say that the pubs in good old Oxford are pretty impressive. They are situated in old houses and look like they haven't changed since the times they were frequented by Willy the Kid Shakespeare and his merry men...or at least some really old geezers. That means the pubs have a certain element of history, there we go.. I knew I could squeeze the word history in here one more time! In other words, Oxford pubs are extremely charming and that my man Morse wasn't an alcoholic, he was a pubaholic and an admirer of charming old public houses.
Now, I was so impressed with Oxford and its localities that I could easily move there and live happily ever after, but one thing is bothering me.. According to the last episode of Morse, he actually died! That's pretty bad news for the good folk of Oxfordshire, because now murderers must be allowed to roam freely around the lovely countryside... Morse was the only copper in Oxford who cracked the case... With Morse gone over the rainbow, will Oxford surpass Miami as the murder capital of the world?
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Comments:
Hmmm, thetta a reyndar ad vera "Me transmitte sursum Caledone" (med e-i), thar sem um Vocativus 2. beygingar er ad raeda...B) hehe, vildi bara kvitta til ad sanna ad eg kiki a bloggid thitt af og til. Og svo ert thu alltaf svo dulleg ad kvitta fyrir thig a minu bloggi sko...Hilsen ur Midgardi
 
so is Morse the Matlock of Oxford? Or is Matlock the Morse of Atlanta?
 
Good question my dear Mullins. I think their jobs are a little different since the Atlanta pd seem to be inclined to arrest the innocent folks and Matlock's job is proving they're actually innocent and at the same time he breaks the real purps down psychologically in court... The Oxford pd on the other hand, don't arrest anyone. Morse always needs to crack the case without any innocents in jail... Make sense?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?